Postdoctoral researcher or graduate student at the Institute of Psychology
Full-time position - University of Bern - Bern (Switzerland)
Postdoctoral researcher or graduate student 100%
Applications are invited for a postdoctoral position or PhD position at the University of Bern, Switzerland, in the Research Group Cognitive Neuroscience of Memory and Consciousness of the Institute of Psychology headed by Katharina Henke.
The postdoc/graduate researcher will work full-time on a large project with the title 'Strengthening memory formation for retrieval despite amnesia", which is funded by an SNSF Advanced Grant. The project involves ultra high-field (7 T) magnetic resonance imaging of memory at SITEM-Insel in Bern using functional, anatomical, and spectroscopic imaging in heathy and amnesic individuals. We manipulate the memory formation in healthy and amnesic individuals using brain stimulation to increase long-term potentiation. We trace the formed memory traces over time and examine long-term memory consolidation during night sleep.
- Conducting ultra high-field (7 T) magnetic resonance imaging of memory using functional, anatomical, and spectroscopic imaging in healthy and amnesic individuals.
- Applying brain stimulation.
- Communicating with neurological patients and medical staff.
- We seek a highly talented and motivated postdoctoral/graduate researcher with a background in neuropsychology and cognitive neuroscience.
- The candidate should be experienced with memory research, MRI methods or brain stimulation methods.
- The candidate is expected to speak or learn German,
- to be fluent in programming (matlab, python, R),
- comfortable using analysis toolboxes,
- and willing to interact with neurological patients and medical staff.
- excellent mentorship and academic advice,
- mutual scientific exchange,
- a competitive salary,
- work in a dynamic, ambitious and multidisciplinary team,
- flat hierarchy, good collaborations,
- excellent research infrastructure and office space,
- intellectual freedom,
- high scientific standards,
- innovative research at the international cutting-edge.
The start date is flexible; ideal would be August 1, 2023.
Please email a CV, a statement of interest and addresses for references to email@example.com